"To assist those responsible for local arts education programs in their efforts to ensure that all students have access to quality education in all of the Arts."
To this end the purposes of CAAA are:
- To provide leadership to develop and support quality Arts education programs for all of Connecticut's students.
- To collaborate with national, state, and local organizations to achieve world-class state and national standards in Arts education.
- To serve as a forum for communication and collaboration on arts education issues between leaders of K-12 programs, community arts organizations, state agencies, and higher education (including teacher preparation).
- To serve as a support network for sharing information, innovations, and strategies among school arts administrators.
- To provide professional growth opportunities for leaders of arts education programs.